This is my first time making banana cake. Usually mom did it herself. As we had some over-ripe bananas, we decided not to waste it by making cake from it. I got this recipe from mama-diary. I had skipped one ingredient.
6oz castor sugar
2 large eggs
3 1/2 tbsp yoghurt (I skipped this)
3 large banana, mashed
8oz self raising flour, sifted
If you are using plain flour, use 8 oz plain/cake flour with 1tsp baking powder and 1tsp bicarbonate soda
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Cream butter & sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
4. Add smashed banana till well blend. It looks a bit yucky if you know what I mean :P
5. Fold in flour to mixture and pour into a greased baking pan.
6. Bake at 180 degree Celcius for 45min - 1hr or till skewer comes out clean.
TADA! :P It's overbaked hahahaha...
The one you see here is the bottom, the top was ugly :P too many holes because we poked and poked to make sure it's cooked. First two times, it's not cooked. Bake for the 3rd time then it's done but overbaked. This is because the tray was a bit small, it's too thick in the middle that's why need longer time to set. Must go shop for bigger tray.
My first banana cake but I'm not quite into eating banana cake *blek*